4.6 kernel timeframe?

James Hogarth james.hogarth at gmail.com
Fri Apr 1 13:46:08 UTC 2016

On 1 April 2016 at 12:47, Tom Horsley <horsley1953 at gmail.com> wrote:

> When is a fedora release likely to have the 4.6 kernel
> (I suspect fedora 25)?
>
> I saw rumors the nvidia maxwell card firmware will finally
> be included in 4.6 and it might finally be possible to
> use nouveau with my graphics card, so I'm just wondering when
> I might be able to stop fooling with nvidia binary drivers.

Fedora 24 will have this eventually ... but given the merge window has only
just closed give it a chance ;)

For now keep an eye on the  NoDebug Rawhide kernel repo to grab updates as
they appear ... bear in mind again the merge window only just closed so
though 4.6.0-rc1 is there right now it's probably not in an entirely great
state  ...

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/RawhideKernelNodebug

Note that the kernel alone is not enough for it - you'll also need the
newer unreleased yet mesa 11.2 and linux-firmware

https://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/nouveau/2016-March/024483.html