OT: Suspend/restore and USB devices

Greg Woods woods at ucar.edu
Fri Apr 1 15:41:33 UTC 2016

On Fri, Apr 1, 2016 at 3:33 AM, Patrick O'Callaghan <pocallaghan at gmail.com>
wrote:

> when I suspend the system and try to
> restart it, nothing will happen until I physically remove the dongle
> from the extension cable. The screen will then come back to life

At what point is the boot process when the screen comes back to life? Has
the system actually booted or does the grub2 screen come up when you remove
the dongle? If the latter, the system is probably trying to boot from USB.
I have had that problem when having certain USB devices plugged in. If you
don't ever need to boot from a USB device, you might be able to disable
that in BIOS/UEFI.

--Greg