DNF is a time waster

Bear Tooth beartooth at comcast.net
Fri Apr 1 18:22:04 UTC 2016

On Tue, 29 Mar 2016 10:36:37 -0700, CLOSE Dave wrote:

> That is, it works but it takes an unreasonably long time to do so. How
> can it be that, DNF knows the package is already installed and /still/
> takes such a long time to decide that dependencies are ok? There aren't
> any dependencies to resolve!

	One thing you can do is add a tab to your terminal, and either do
"su - " to root, or use dnf with sudo. Then give your dnf commands
(only), and go on with the previous activity. Then check back whenever
you get good and ready to tell it y.

Remember I have precious (very precious!) little idea where up is.