OT: Suspend/restore and USB devices

Patrick O'Callaghan pocallaghan at gmail.com
Fri Apr 1 18:32:31 UTC 2016

On Fri, 2016-04-01 at 10:23 -0700, Rick Stevens wrote:

> On 04/01/2016 09:59 AM, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
> >

> > On Fri, 2016-04-01 at 10:27 -0600, jd1008 wrote:
> > >

> > > I have had the same problem. So, what I do is unmount the plugin,
> > > remove it, and then hibernate.
> > Not really feasible when the device is used by the mouse, and in
> > any
> > case it wouldn't gain anything over what I'm doing now.
> I think this has to do with the driver binding. I saw a script in one
> of the ubuntu fora that looked like it might to the trick. The link
> is
>
> 	http://askubuntu.com/a/549571
>
> In a nutshell, he created a script that would be executed entering
> and
> exiting sleep that would unbind the ehci or uhci module on sleep, and
> rebind it on wake. He put the script in
>
> 	/etc/pm/sleep.d/20_usb_suspend_fix
>
> and here is the content:

[...]SuspendĀ

Thanks. I haven't tried it yet but it gave me some food for thought,
and the plot now thickens. It turns out that when I run "sudo pm-
suspend" from the command line, the issue does *not* arise, i.e. the BT
mouse is restored even when using the extension cable. What I've been
doing up to now (and didn't think to mention) is to use the Suspend
menu option from KDE, but that appears to be different.

I think I need to post a question on the KDE list.

poc