Adding aliases & functions to PATH

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Mon Apr 4 14:05:28 UTC 2016

On Sun, 2016-04-03 at 21:21 -0500, Steven P. Ulrick wrote:
> I just did a fresh install of Fedora 23, with a brand new user
> account.  I proceeded to copy certain changes to my PATH from my old
> ~/.bashrc (created on Fedora 20)  Didn't copy the whole thing over,
> just copy and pasted what I really need right now.  Then I log out and
> log back in.  Or try to log back in...  I get an error message that
> starts like this: "All shell packages missing"  The login process
> hangs at this point.  BUT, when I go back to the login screen, instead
> of "Sign in" or whatever it says, it says "Unlock"  But, of course I
> cannot log in.

As a teacher might say:  You need to show your working out.

If you want someone to be able to say why what you did, did what it did,
you should post a copy of the failing file to the list.

--
tim at localhost ~]$ uname -rsvp

Linux 3.19.8-100.fc20.i686 #1 SMP Tue May 12 17:42:35 UTC 2015 i686

All mail to my mailbox is automatically deleted, there is no point trying
to privately email me, I will only read messages posted to the public lists.