Cannot Boot Fedora 23 live media on Lenovo C540

R Mercado r_mercado at o2.co.uk
Tue Feb 2 22:51:21 UTC 2016

Hi. Thanks for writing.

> One of the things to remove would be the "rhgb" options, and possibly
> the "quiet" option as well (is that two options?)  Then you can see
> what
> the startup is doing and you can then report back the last few
> messages
> on the console or some errors that happen during the boot up

I tried removing rhgb and quite and there are no messages, only the
blinking cursor as before.

> Another thing to try is to boot each Fedora Live image between FC20
> and
> FC23 to try and see where the failure starts.  Especially, if FC23
> doesn't work, does FC22?

I downloaded the netinst image for FC22 because it's not as large.
Booting using this FC22 image freezes the Lenovo C540 as before.

I may download FC21 later. It takes a while to get 1.4 Gb on my link.
Too bad I can't find the Fedora 20 image I had.

RM