kernel source - "make prepare" - error

Robin Laing MeSat at TelusPlanet.net
Wed Feb 3 02:52:32 UTC 2016

Hello,

I am trying to compile a module and having a problem.  When I run make
oldconfig I have no issues but when I try to run "make prepare", I get
an error.

4.3.4-300.fc23.x86_64]# make oldconfig
scripts/kconfig/conf  --oldconfig Kconfig
#
# configuration written to .config

4.3.4-300.fc23.x86_64]# make prepare
scripts/kconfig/conf  --silentoldconfig Kconfig
make[1]: *** No rule to make target
'arch/x86/entry/syscalls/syscall_32.tbl', needed by
'arch/x86/entry/syscalls/../../include/generated/asm/syscalls_32.h'.  Stop.
arch/x86/Makefile:191: recipe for target 'archheaders' failed
make: *** [archheaders] Error 2

 From what I have read, this isn't just a Fedora issue and has appeared
over the years.

I wish I could get this to work.

If I don't get an answer, I will submit a bug report.

Thanks