Firefox 44 removes privacy feature.

stan stanl-fedorauser at vfemail.net
Wed Feb 3 18:16:26 UTC 2016

On Wed, 3 Feb 2016 11:54:33 -0600 (CST)
vendor at billoblog.com wrote:

> On Wed, 3 Feb 2016, stan wrote:
>

> > If you don't go with PrivacyBadger, Ghostery is also a good way to
> > block third party tracking sites, though it uses a look up list
> > rather than real time determination.
> >
> > HTH
> >

> This is a little off-topic for fedora, but since you mentioned it I
> have to ask.  I use Ghostery a lot.  Is PrivacyBadger compatible with
> it, or is it a one-or-the-other-but-not-both kind of thing?

They'll run at the same time (I've done it).  But, I think that ghostery
will prevent privacybadger from learning, since it will block the sites
on its list, so privacybadger won't ever see them to determine their
behavior, and decide whether to block them. Sites that ghostery doesn't
block will be monitored by privacybadger, though, so it could be
considered a belt and suspenders arrangement. But, if it has never been
trained by raw exposure, privacybadger shouldn't be run without the
accompanying add-ons of its training.  e.g. if it has always been run
with ghostery present, don't put it on a system without ghostery
also present (unless you want to retrain it).