Firefox 44 removes privacy feature.

Joe Zeff joe at zeff.us
Thu Feb 4 19:11:32 UTC 2016

On 02/04/2016 06:50 AM, Tom Rivers wrote:
> On 2/4/2016 9:36 AM, Bernardo Sulzbach wrote:
>> After (two?) mentions to Google search, I wonder if any you know of
>> any paid web search engines?
>
> I don't know about search engines that cost money, but I do know of a
> free one that is privacy oriented and it works really well:
>
> https://duckduckgo.com/about

That one's good, but I prefer this:

https://startpage.com/

Not only is it https, it promises to keep no records of your searches or
even your IP.  Yes, it takes advantage of Google, but all Google learns
is that they searched for something, not who they sent the results to.
Rather like an anonymous proxy for searching.