Cannot Boot Fedora 23 live media on Lenovo C540

stan stanl-fedorauser at vfemail.net
Sat Feb 6 17:10:15 UTC 2016

On Sat, 06 Feb 2016 07:33:42 +0000
R Mercado <r_mercado at o2.co.uk> wrote:

> On Wed, 2016-02-03 at 19:11 -0500, Kevin Cummings wrote:
> > Just reading this now (sorry).
> >
> > I'm adding the following:
> >
> > http://kjchome.homeip.net/Fedora-Live-Desktop-i686-20
> > http://kjchome.homeip.net/Fedora-Live-Desktop-x86_64-20
> >
> Thanks for taking the trouble.
> I found the images at https://torrents.fedoraproject.org/ too.
> I can't get any image to boot of the USB disk and ran out of blank
> DVDs to try burning and booting from a DVD. I still have blank 700 MB
> CDs and very few images are small enough.
>
> My intention was to do a clean install, but I am considering an
> upgrade now.
> RM

You could try doing a pxe install.  Here are a couple of links that
describe the process.
http://webworxshop.com/2011/08/21/installing-fedora-15-via-boot-fedoraproject-org
https://boot.fedoraproject.org/faq

And the download page for the images.
https://boot.fedoraproject.org/download

I used the lkrn image to try to install Rawhide (f24).  It worked fine
for getting the anaconda installer up and running twice, but
rawhide is so inconsistent that there were failed dependencies in the
installs I tried to download.  The installs are probably kickstarter
files.  When they failed, the wholed process aborted.  But, for a
release version, this should not be an issue, since everything is
stable and dependencies are met.

I did edit /boot/grub2/grub.cfg to put the BFO Boot entry after my
regular boot, instead of making it the default.

What I liked is it didn't require any media, just booting the lkrn file.