iptables -

J.Witvliet at mindef.nl J.Witvliet at mindef.nl
Tue Feb 9 09:06:34 UTC 2016

Hi Bob,

As many said before, due to the lack of info, will result in only partly helpful replies.....

1) Decent firewall's have all policies firmly to "DROP" (instead of the default "ACCEPT")
2) Assuming eth0 is your lan-device, (connected to 192.168.1.255/24)
3) Assuming eth1 is connected to your internet modem
4) before (!)  allowing other traffic outside insert
iptables -t filter -A FORWARD -i eth0 -o eth1 --source 192.168.1.17 -j DROP
iptables -t filter -A FORWARD -I eth1 -o eth1 --destination 192.168.1.17 -j DROP
5) next allow other traffic to go outside

Input- and output-chains are only for traffic originating from the box, or having the final destination on the box.
Traffic passing through is handled by the FORWARD-rule.

As I indicated in my top-line, this is very crude, iptables allows making self-defined sub-chains, and many other nice tricks, like timebased rules and so on....