Postfix and PTR record issues

Tom Rivers tom at impact-crater.com
Tue Feb 9 16:40:56 UTC 2016

On 2/9/2016 8:57 AM, arnaud gaboury wrote:

> Well, looking at my DNS provider home page, I have an entry to add
> PTR. Furthermore, from HE FAQ[0]:
>
> <You should note that you can further sub-delegate your IPs by
> whatever means you wish, assuming you wish to do so at all. This page
> is meant only to explain how our delegation works with you, our direct
> customer.>
>
> Am I wrong to think I can do it with my DNS provider ?

I went through this same issue with my ISP and they said they had to be
the ones to change it.  I also originally read about PTR records here:

http://aplawrence.com/Blog/B961.html

According to the link you provided, it appears your ISP actually lets
you make the change yourself.  If that's the case, then you're all set.  :)

Tom