sudo disappears after latest update

jd1008 jd1008 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 10 17:17:59 UTC 2016

On 02/10/2016 08:24 AM, Tom H wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 9, 2016 at 6:02 PM, jd1008 <jd1008 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> To the OP of this thread:
>>
>> Why not
>>
>> boot a live CD or DVD
>>
>> Once booted,
>> su - root
>>
>> mkdir /fedora
>> mount /dev/sd ??  /fedora   (??  are something like a0  or a1 ...etc ... the
>> name of your hard drive boot partition)
>>
>> chroot /fedora
>>
>> passwd root
> root's presumably disabled on the OP's box so rather than change this
> setup, the OP should run "visudo -f /etc/sudoers.d/maitra" after
> "chroot /fedora" (or "systemd-nspawn -D /fedora") to create the
> following line in "/etc/sudoers.d/maitra":
>
> maitra ALL=(ALL) ALL
The problem with allowing the user to be effectively root (via sudoers)
is that
ubiquotous browser. I have zero faith in browsers. No, not 0, but
-infinity .
A malefic website can and does user JS to fork out processes that can sudo
whatever they want.
This is why broswers should be set to suid some user other than the
logged-in user,
and having no privileges outside it's own directory. This would be like
a jail.
Many of you already know how to set up such a jail.