Block connection in firewall -

Joe Zeff joe at zeff.us
Fri Feb 12 20:39:50 UTC 2016

On 02/12/2016 12:28 PM, Bob Goodwin wrote:
> The objective is to protect my servers which I want connected to the LAN
> but not the internet. The firewall is in the router, openwrt, I want to
> set up.

I haven't had to play with router firewalls in several years, and that
never included this type of thing.  However, if memory serves, you can
also block outside access at the router.  Have you tried that, or are
you more concerned with setting up several levels of protection?

Also, if you do manage to get these servers completely isolated, you'll
want to set up your own NTP server on a machine with outside access to
keep those servers synced with the rest of the world.