Block connection in firewall -

Joe Zeff joe at zeff.us
Fri Feb 12 20:59:48 UTC 2016

On 02/12/2016 12:45 PM, Bob Goodwin wrote:

> I hadn't thought of that Joe, probably only one of the things I didn't
> consider. With other routers it was just another GUI menu item, I
> entered the ip's and left it at that hoping for the best. Here I'm being
> forced to look at what I'm doing, not a bad thing ...

Even if you can set it up at the router with a GUI, configuring the
server's firewall to block anything outside your LAN is a good thing
because security is all about layers.  And, it's best if you set the
boxes firewalls up first because that lets you test it before the
router's set to block access.