Firefox 44 strops mousescrolling after update

Ranjan Maitra maitra.mbox.ignored at inbox.com
Sun Feb 14 15:16:35 UTC 2016

Hello,

I have a pretty standard (I thought) optical mouse which has a wheel in the middle that I use for scrolling also. However, this mouse has stopped scrolling (continuously) in Firefox (only, from what I can tell, since the latest update) without clicking. The scrolling behaviour is fine on midori as well as in dillo. (In Firefox itself, the button works fine with the scroll fixed (and then the page goes up or down on its own depending on whether the cursor is above or below the compass-like crosshairs). Also, this is a laptop and two-finger scrolling on the touchpad works as intended (and as the middle-scroll button of the mouse without clicking is supposed to work.)

It is possible that I changed something inadvertently in my settings without realizing to do so (and it is just an interaction effect with the update) but any suggestions on how I might fix it? I looked around the web but all of them point to older versions of Firefox when the setup was different and (while translatable) many options do not exist in "about:config" for instance.

Many thanks and best wishes,
Ranjan

--
Important Notice: This mailbox is ignored: e-mails are set to be deleted on receipt. Please respond to the mailing list if appropriate. For those needing to send personal or professional e-mail, please use appropriate addresses.