Scrolling gone haywire

Go Canes letsgonhlcanes0 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 16 19:22:54 UTC 2016

Some new/additional information.

While I understood originally that the problem occurred immediately upon
PageUp or PageDown, which on a Dell XPS 13 is a combination of the Function
key and up arrow (or down arrow).  When the problem occurs, as soon as the
keys are released, the page immediately continues scrolling in the same
direction; i.e., if PgDn, it scrolls to the bottom, if PgUp, it scrolls to
the top.

So it doesn't appear to be a trackpad issue after all.

We installed Gnome, and tried Firefox there, and the problem appeared.

So we think we have ruled out the browser (multiple different browsers show
the problem), and now the desktop environment (both KDE 5 and Gnome show
the problem).

I guess next up is to see if the problem goes away with Fedora 23.  I may
also try inverting the Function key in the BIOS, just to see what changes
(if anything).