clamav-notify-servers periodically reports "gave '' response"

Alex mysqlstudent at gmail.com
Wed Feb 17 22:06:09 UTC 2016

Hi,

I have a fedora23 system with clamav installed, and periodically
clamav-notify-servers fails to actually notify the server and responds
with

clamd server '/var/run/clamd.amavisd/clamd.sock' gave '' response

I was just hoping someone else had encountered this problem and had a
solution. I've seen it before, and it's been fixed with an update, but
it's been going on for some time now. I believe in the past it was a
permissions problem with the socket used to communicate with clamd,
but the permissions are the same on this host with the problem as they
are on another host without the problem.

# rpm -qva|grep clamav
clamav-lib-0.99-2.fc23.x86_64
clamav-data-0.99-2.fc23.noarch
clamav-0.99-2.fc23.x86_64
clamav-server-systemd-0.99-2.fc23.noarch
clamav-server-0.99-2.fc23.x86_64
clamav-filesystem-0.99-2.fc23.noarch
clamav-update-0.99-2.fc23.x86_64
clamav-unofficial-sigs-3.7.1-13.fc23.noarch

# rpm -q amavisd-new
amavisd-new-2.10.1-5.fc23.noarch

Any ideas greatly appreciated.
Thanks,