BD-R XL Quad Layer

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Thu Feb 18 20:07:43 UTC 2016

Allegedly, on or about 18 February 2016, jd1008 sent:
> Is it possible to burn quad layer BD-R XL media on
> BD-R DL drives?

With all those abbreviations, perhaps you'd like to clarify:

You expect to burn a quad-layer disc on a dual-layer drive?

I wouldn't expect that to work, any more than trying to burn dual-layer
discs on a single layer drive.

Any multi-layer disc will need special treatment, so the drive would
have to be compatible.  I can't imagine that you could expect the drive
to successfully manage to write to half of the layers.

--

Boilerplate:  All mail to my mailbox is automatically deleted, there is
no point trying to privately email me, I only get to see the messages