VLC VideoLAN

John Pilkington J.Pilk at tesco.net
Fri Feb 19 15:51:40 UTC 2016

On 19/02/16 09:34, Angelo Moreschini wrote:
> I installed VLC on my computer (fedora 21) with the purpose to play .VOB
> files.
>
> Actually I can run LVL on the line command, but I am not able to do
> anything in this way...  The help command  give me this output :

> ---------
> It is a possibility to use LVM  from a GUI interface, please ?
>
> regards
>
> Angelo

You don't say how you installed vlc, or which desktop environment you
are using.

I see several vlc* packages here:

http://download1.rpmfusion.org/free/fedora/updates/21/x86_64/

and for the GUI you probably need both vlc-core and vlc.  That's what I
have on this box, which runs kde under Scientific Linux 7.2

There vlc appears in the 'Multimedia' group.  It works well.  Things are
similar on another box with Fedora 22, but I don't have that running at
present.

... but I'm surprised that no-one has suggested that you ought to
upgrade from Fedora 21, which reached end-of-life last year and is
probably no longer internet-safe.

John P