VLC VideoLAN

g geleem at bellsouth.net
Sat Feb 20 07:57:27 UTC 2016

first, please do not top post replies. ;-)

i can see that you are a gmail user, but that does not mean you have to
go online to email thru it. you can handle your emails with thunderbird,
or some of the other good email clients. such allows you to reply
interspersed and after quoted post.

On 02/19/16 23:53, Angelo Moreschini wrote:
> If I insert the CD when VLC is running nothin happen...
>
> I installed vlc using this command  :
>
> rpm -ivt
> http://download1.rpfusion.org/free/fediora/rpmfusion-free-release-stable.noarch.rpm
>
> and after
>
> yum install vlc
> ----
> I have Fedora 21.
>
> Perhaps the installation is not good ....  What can I try now ?

.
it is possible that you have a bad install. only way to find out is to
uninstall and reinstall, be sure you have _all_ packages installed.

if that does not correct, install from nux.ro.

my install is from nux.ro. my /etc/yum.repos.d/nux-desktop.repo file is;

=+=+=

[nux-dextop]
name=Nux.Ro RPMs for general desktop use
baseurl=http://li.nux.ro/download/nux/dextop/el6/$basearch/
http://mirror.li.nux.ro/li.nux.ro/nux/dextop/el6/$basearch/
enabled=1
gpgcheck=1
gpgkey=file:///etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-nux.ro
protect=0

[nux-dextop-testing]
name=Nux.Ro RPMs for general desktop use - testing
baseurl=http://li.nux.ro/download/nux/dextop-testing/el6/$basearch/
enabled=0
gpgcheck=1
gpgkey=file:///etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-nux.ro
protect=0

=+=+=

my installed packages are;

  vlc
  vlc-core
  vlc-extras
  vlc-plugin-jack

/home/geo/.config/vlc
/home/geo/.config/vlc/vlc-qt-interface.conf
/home/geo/.config/vlc/vlcrc

hth.

--
peace out.

If Bill Gates got a dime for every time Windows crashes...
 ...oh, wait. He does. THAT explains it!
-+-

CentOS GNU/Linux 6.7

tc,hago.