patch listed as missing

thibaut noah thibaut.noah at gmail.com
Sat Feb 20 22:23:20 UTC 2016

> When I reply to something from gmail, the entire message is quoted, but I
> trim it to what's relevant.  Sometimes, I cut the quoted text into sections
> with replies in between to make it clear just what I'm responding to.  It's
> not exactly rocket surgery, and I fail to understand why some of the people
> on the list find it so difficult, or think that they must include the
> entire message in their reply, including the boiler plate at the bottom.
> (Not that you did, but if you'll look at what we get in this list, very
> many posters do exactly that.)

There is a difference between your expectations and people's regular
behaviour.
I personnaly NEVER quoted anyone in a mail before, and i'm using mails
since 2005.
Gmail does not include this function by default, so why should people go
into the trouble of having to search what parameters they have to use for a
feature they never use?
I personnaly never heard of top posting before (i am french so maybe that's
the reason, not sure about that), if you want people to follow certain
guidelines, they should be advertise somewhere imo (like stackoverflow does)