patch listed as missing

jd1008 jd1008 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 20 22:27:15 UTC 2016

On 02/20/2016 02:46 PM, thibaut noah wrote:
> I am just using the respond feature of gmail, i don't know what you're
> talking about :/
>
> Patch is say to work on 4.1.3
> The thing is there is actually no patch that i know about for current
> kernel, i expect it to work because i checked it with upstream source
> earlier and it was working.
> Methods have indeed moved in quircks.c but the lines numbers are good
> in the patch.
>
> There is a reference of the patch in the spec file, after rereading
> the documentation earlier i modify the number to follow the last patch
> number.
>
> My problem is that fact that rpmbuild see the patch in the spec file
> but tells me it is missing.

> <mailto:jd1008 at gmail.com>>:
>

>     On 02/20/2016 02:20 PM, thibaut noah wrote:
>
>         yumdownloader --source kernel-4.2.3-300.fc23.x86_64
>         I use fedora 23 and the kernel 4.2.3-300
>
>         I got the patch from here :
>         https://ask.fedoraproject.org/en/question/73697/acs-override-patch-on-fedora-22/
>
>         A modify version which is the most recent version of this
>         patch i could find.
>         I just want to apply this to my kernel to override pcie_acs
>         and fix my iommu grouping.
>         I've been on this for 3days so...

>         <mailto:jd1008 at gmail.com> <mailto:jd1008 at gmail.com
>         <mailto:jd1008 at gmail.com>>>:
>

>             On 02/20/2016 02:04 PM, thibaut noah wrote:
>
>                 Following my kernel compilation issue i used another
>         method to
>                 get the source.
>                 I added :
>                 # custom patch for acs override support
>                 Patch6666: override_for_missing_acs_capabilities.patch
>
>                 in my kernel.spec
>                 The patch is in rpmbuild/SOURCES but when i run the
>         build it
>                 says the file is missing.
>                 Also to noted i wasn't able to apply the patch following
>                 documentation simply because it seems the patch
>         application
>                 changed entirely ?
>                 So either the patch listed is apply automatically with the
>                 other in the code or i need to find the proper place
>         to apply it.
>                 I posted below the command i use to build following by the
>                 error message, second paste is the sources i used.
>
>         http://fpaste.org/326707/00190714/
>
>         http://ur1.ca/ojtmz
>
>                 It seems i'm really close to succeeding in the case
>         the patch
>                 is workng, just have to solve this and i should have
>         proper
>                 patch kernel
>

>             It is not clear from this email what source of kernel rpm
>         you are
>             using to run rpmbuild for.
>             Why can't you first specify what you are doing to what?
>             Kernel source rpms.
>             Link to said source rpms
>             Your current OS release and current running kernel.
>             Where did you obtain the patch file from?
>
>     You keep top posting. Please enter your reply at bottom of each
> [...]
You cannot set the number of the patch in the spec file to match some
other spec
file. If you do, then you need to re-number all the other patch files in
mentioned
in the spec file. Setting the number for the patch you want, you will
mess up the
sequence of patches which are often sequentially dependent.
Best thing to do is is choose a number for the patch that is not
currently assigned
to any other patch in the pristine spec file. So, if you have, say... 10
patches in the
pristine spec file, create an entry for patch 11  in the spec file.

This is no guarantee the patch will succeed.

As far as top posting, using web gmail and you decide to reply, gmail shows
you an icon for the message you are replying to. The icon looks like a gray
rectangle with 3 dots in it. Click on that and the message you are
replying to
will appear. Scroll down to bottom of that message and enter your reply
there.