Trying to open ports in firewalld

Tom Rivers tom at impact-crater.com
Tue Feb 23 15:31:19 UTC 2016

On 2/23/2016 9:00 AM, Richard Shaw wrote:
> Let's try the simple stuff first... Is your default zone for your
> network connection also "internal"?

That's the first thing I thought of as well.  In case you aren't sure
which zone is your active zone, Tim, just look at the bottom right of
the "Firewall Configuration" window.  Mine says, "Default Zone: external
Lockdown: disabled Panic Mode: disabled."  That means if I want to
adjust the current settings, I need to edit the "external" zone.

If you put your firewall exceptions in a zone other than the active one,
then that might be your problem.

Tom