Virtual desktops on F23 server edition

stan stanl-fedorauser at vfemail.net
Thu Feb 25 22:05:25 UTC 2016

On Thu, 25 Feb 2016 09:58:43 -0800
CLOSE Dave <Dave.Close at us.thalesgroup.com> wrote:

> I have all those files, which are part of the systemd package.

Run  systemctl -a -t service
and search the output for tty.  It's less, so /tty will do it.  There
should be a service running for each getty.

If there isn't, run  journalctl -r
and search the output for tty.  The -r puts things in reverse order, so
you will find the last mention of tty by the system.  It is also less,
so /tty will work.  If something went wrong, this should tell you what.

> stan wrote:
> > The last file contains the defaults that systemd uses when
> > generating gettys.
>
> My file is identical to the default except,
>
>   NAutoVTs=6	# same as default
>   ReserveVT=6	# same as default
>   LidSwitchIgnoreInhibited=yes

This doesn't seem to be a problem.  Are you trying to reach the
vconsoles from X, and not using Ctl-Alt-F[2-6]?  i.e.  is it plugged
in?  :-)