OT: On dual boot system - need to expand windoze partition ...

Doug dmcgarrett at optonline.net
Wed Jan 6 23:58:01 UTC 2016

On 01/06/2016 12:16 PM, jd1008 wrote:
> by catenation to a partition on an external drive.
>
> I do not want to shrink the fedora partition, but I could
> if necessary; in which case does fedora have a partition
> resizer?
>
> I know I can back up the fedora partition, resize it and
> and restore from backup. But that could take many hours
> of down time. I was wondering if there is a util that
> can do it to an unmounted fedora partition.
>
> Thanx.
I have used GParted to shrink, expand, and move partitions in Windows and Linux. I don't see any
reason it won't work for you. Look for GParted on Google, download it and burn it to a CD. Boot the
CD and just follow your nose. It will take some time to move a partition, but not hours. It is always a
good idea to back up whatever you're going to mess with before you do it, but I haven't had any
problems. Since you want to make Windows bigger, it should be fairly quick and easy; it's when
you want to make Windows smaller that you run into problems. (You can probably reclaim about
half of unused Windows space, but not more.)

--doug