OT: On dual boot system - need to expand windoze partition ...

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Thu Jan 7 06:11:43 UTC 2016

Ian Malone:
>> I think gparted should be able to do this for you, first move the
>> start of the linux partition and filesystem towards the end of the
>> disc (you'll have to shrink that filesystem, also done in gparted)
>> and then move it to create free space next to windows.

Patrick O'Callaghan:
> Yes, I see gparted that it can manipulate the fs as well, so resize2fs
> isn't needed.

It's been a long time since I've used gparted, but I seem to recall that
it did the filesystem and partition resizing in one continuous process.
You didn't have to do one, then go back in and do the other.  It was
sequenced for you.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -rsvp

Boilerplate:  All mail to my mailbox is automatically deleted, there is
no point trying to privately email me, I only get to see the messages