Is rfkill new?

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Sat Jan 9 06:09:06 UTC 2016

Allegedly, on or about 08 January 2016, Tom Horsley sent:
> I finally found log messages about the interface being soft
> blocked by rfkill, which then led me down another rabbit hole
> to figure out what the heck rfkill and soft blocking was about.
>
> Is rfkill completely new in fedora 23, or has it been around
> for a while, but the default recently changed to blocked rather
> than unblocked?

Does it monitor a hotkey to switch RF on and off?  Do you have one on
your keyboard?  And does pressing it make any difference?

My laptop has a slider switch, which occasionally doesn't seem to be
obeyed.  There's also a F key hotkey sequence, that rarely has seemed to
do anything.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -rsvp

Boilerplate:  All mail to my mailbox is automatically deleted, there is
no point trying to privately email me, I only get to see the messages