F23 nouveau HDMI Limitation?

Ed Greshko ed.greshko at greshko.com
Sat Jan 9 07:30:38 UTC 2016

I just upgraded from F22 to F23.  Previously I'd been using the nVidia drivers via
rpmfusion but they weren't working so I decided to move back to nouveau.

I have identical monitors one connected via DVI-D cable and the other via HDMI.  In F22
with nVidia they both worked well with native 2560x1440 resolution.  After switching to
nouveau in F23 the max resolution is 1920x1080.  2560x1440 isn't even shown in the output
of xrandr.

I switch from HDMI to DisplayPort and am getting 2560x1440 so things are OK.  Just
wondering if this is bug or limitation.

--
In reality, some people should stick to running Windows and others should stay away from
computers altogether.