F23 nouveau HDMI Limitation?

Ed Greshko ed.greshko at greshko.com
Sat Jan 9 10:39:14 UTC 2016

On 01/09/16 18:23, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
> On Sat, 2016-01-09 at 15:30 +0800, Ed Greshko wrote:
>> I just upgraded from F22 to F23.  Previously I'd been using the
>> nVidia drivers via
>> rpmfusion but they weren't working so I decided to move back to
>> nouveau.
> The nVidia drivers weren't working when F23 was released (because they
> didn't have X 1.18 support) but they do now, at least for me.

Well, they do work fine on my laptop running F23.   Just not on my desktop.  Didn't have
time to investigate today.  But tomorrow I'll try again to put nVidia up on this system.
I want to see what happens with nouveau since, one time only so far, when I came back to
my system the screen connected to DVI had burgundy red "snow" sprinkled about.  The only
way to get rid of it was to logout/login.

--
In reality, some people should stick to running Windows and others should stay away from
computers altogether.