mpg123 not included, why?

Fernando Cassia fcassia at gmail.com
Sun Jan 10 11:21:03 UTC 2016

On Sat, Jan 9, 2016 at 12:06 PM, Sylvia Sánchez <lailahfsf at gmail.com> wrote:

> None.  I have them enabled myself not a problem.  But maybe you'd like
> to take a look at this article:
> https://crossingtheair.wordpress.com/2015/12/23/installing-codecs-and-more/
> Hope this is useful!

Thanks Stlv,

And everyone else who replied, for that matter. I have used "Fedy-installer"
in the past https://github.com/folkswithhats/fedy which serves the purpose
as well.

I was just interested to know why mp3 decoders (not encoders which I know
are more troublesome and almost no distro includes), were not included in
the main Fedora repos. Some other list members answered with the "legal
angle" of that decision. That's what I was after.

It's good to know  that after 2017 there'll be likely no barriers to
include mp3 decoders in FOSS apps..

Cheers,
FC

--
TDuring times of Universal Deceit, telling the truth becomes a
revolutionary act