mpg123 not included, why?

Michael Schwendt mschwendt at gmail.com
Mon Jan 11 16:20:47 UTC 2016

On Mon, 11 Jan 2016 14:11:13 +0100, Philip Brown wrote:

> > What is your concern about RPMFusion? You seem to imply you have
> > something against it.
> >
> bad past experience, could have been livna, it was a long time ago and I
> never used it since. I imagine it should be a lot better now, however
> seeing as I only need these few files I prefer just to download them
> rather than having an extra repo system.  The updates for these rpms are
> few and far between (last updates were Sept 2014 and May 2015) so it
> does not really add much to my workload.

But you download the files from them nevertheless?

Wouldn't it be much more convenient to turn off the repo after installing
the needed packages? That way you will benefit from dependency checks
during normal updates of your installation. And you can one-shot re-enable
the repo any time to check whether there are updates for those few packages
you want. The --enablerepo= option for Yum and DNF exists for such usage
patterns.