'urlsnarf' sniffer fails with "undefined symbol: ip_fast_csum"

stan stanl-fedorauser at vfemail.net
Tue Jan 12 21:36:56 UTC 2016

On Tue, 12 Jan 2016 09:17:48 -0500
Fernando Cassia <fcassia at gmail.com> wrote:

> 32-bit F23 Mate spin, here
>
> I install the dsniff package to use urlsnarf...

[snip]

> So I launch it
> # urlsnarf
> urlsnarf: listening on wlp2s0 [tcp port 80 or port 8080 or port 3128]
>
> All is well until I go to Firefox 41 and enter any url, then urlsnarf
> panics and ends.
>
> urlsnarf: symbol lookup error: /lib/libnids.so.1.24: undefined symbol:
> ip_fast_csum

Looks like a bug.  I think something in the library has changed.  Your
best bet is to open a bugzilla at
https://bugzilla.redhat.com/
for libnids.  There are no open tickets for libnids right now, so no
one else has reported this error.  None for urlsnarf either.

Your firefox version seems to be a few out of date; I think the current
production version is 43, as the current nightly / devel version is 46.
I don't think that is relevant to your problem, but since the browser
is so critical to web security, I thought I'd mention it.