Unable to locate printer

vendor at billoblog.com vendor at billoblog.com
Thu Jan 14 15:54:21 UTC 2016

On Thu, 14 Jan 2016, Stephen Davies wrote:

> I have a Lexmark E120 network connected via ethernet.
> Occasionally, attempts to print to this printer result in the subject error
> message.
> So, the only resolution that I have found is to reboot the box. The printer
> then works for a while.
> I'm not sure how long it lasts as I rarely print anything.
>
> Rebooting is a bit drastic for the occasional print so I hope there is a
> better fix.
>
> Cheers and thanks,
> Stephen

I'm having the same problem with F23, only with an HP PhotoSmart on
wireless.  Instead of rebooting, I keep removing and re-adding the
printer.  I don't have the problem with Mint 17.3.  The  other thing that
works *sometimes* is to pause and unpause the printer a few times from the
System Settings -> Printers -> open queue in KDE.

billo