synergy not working, might be firewall related

Rick Stevens ricks at alldigital.com
Fri Jan 15 17:45:32 UTC 2016

On 01/15/2016 05:47 AM, thibaut noah wrote:
> also to be noted i have a network bridge on my desktop (the fedora
> distrib running windows vm), it may change something about ip ?

If you open up the firewalld GUI, the zone that's in boldface (and
probably already selected) is the default zone (the one you're
running). Odds are it'll be either "FedoraWorkstation" or "Public".

If you're still unsure, click on "Options->Change Default Zone". The
one highlighted in the popup is the one you currently use as the
default. Hit "Cancel" at that point.

Now, under "Services", locate "synergy" and tick the box. Try your
synergy stuff. If it works, then click on "Options->Runtime To
Permanent" to save it.

> <mailto:ricks at alldigital.com>>:
>
>     On 01/12/2016 04:11 AM, thibaut noah wrote:
>
>         Hello, i'm trying to get synergy to work between fedora and my
>         vm/macbook, problem is i apparently have a connection issue, someone
>         told me there was a firewall on fedora but i couldn't find proper
>         documentation on how to allow synergy on it, any help would be
>         welcome.
>

>     synergy uses TCP port 24800. Open that up on your synergy server.
-  If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, -
-          in five years there'd be a shortage of sand.              -
-                                              -- Milton Friedman    -