f23 mate policykit libvirt problem

Nate Pearlstein npearl at sgi.com
Sat Jan 16 00:44:55 UTC 2016

I’ve been trying to get policykit to automatically authorize virt-manager.

This was working fine with fedora 21, but with fedora 23 it doesn’t seem to work.  For both I’ve been using the mate desktop.

With f21 I had the following in /etc/polkit-1/localauthority/50-local.d/caprica.libvirt.pkla

[Allow user libvirt management permissions]
Identity=unix-user:user
Action=org.libvirt.unix.manage
ResultAny=yes
ResultInactive=yes
ResultActive=yes

I tried the above with f23 and no luck.  I’ve since tried

/etc/polkit-1/rules.d/80-libvirt.rules

polkit.addRule(function(action, subject) {
  if (action.id == "org.libvirt.unix.manage" && subject.local && subject.active && subject.isInGroup("wheel")) {
      return polkit.Result.YES;
  }
});

and a few variations with no luck.