Anyone seeing spurious characters in their text?

Joe Zeff joe at zeff.us
Sat Jan 16 20:00:57 UTC 2016

On 01/16/2016 11:46 AM, Temlakos wrote:

> Added as a comment after I filed the report. You can see it there.

Good!  I don't have any x64 systems (Although, if I ever need to do a
clean install on this box, I'll migrate from PAE to x64.) so it doesn't
concern me directly.  Also, what happens if you boot into an earlier
kernel?  If it works correctly, that needs to be documented, so that
whoever's working on it knows that it's specific to this kernel.

Sorry if I'm telling you things you already know, but I can't judge what
needs to be said and what doesn't from this thread.  (If you'd been
active on the list for years, that might be different.)  The thing I'm
trying to avoid is having you waste time proving that it's this specific
kernel that's at fault while they try to point a finger at something
unrelated.  (No, I'm not claiming that they will, just that they can.)