working my way through quirks with fedora 23 on new ASUS gaming laptop G752VL-DH71

Robert P. J. Day rpjday at crashcourse.ca
Sun Jan 17 11:06:52 UTC 2016

   just replaced an older ASUS laptop with one of these:

http://www.canadacomputers.com/product_info.php?cPath=710_577_1199&item_id=088275

and working my way through the inevitable configuration issues with a
new (and fully-updated) fedora 23. so far, two issues i'd like to
resolve.

   first, not sure how to turn on the keyboard backlight for the
laptop's keyboard. i typically use an external USB keyboard, and i use
"xset led 3" to get backlighting for that, but i haven't figured out
how to do the same for
the laptop keyboard.

   and second, i added a M.2 format 512G ADATA SSD in one of the two
available slots for that form factor:

http://www.canadacomputers.com/product_info.php?cPath=179_1229_1296&item_id=073365

but f23 doesn't see the device at all -- nothing from "lsblk". anyone know
the configuration or driver needed for that kind of SSD?

   thank you kindly.

rday