working my way through quirks with fedora 23 on new ASUS gaming laptop G752VL-DH71

Robert P. J. Day rpjday at crashcourse.ca
Sun Jan 17 14:03:16 UTC 2016

Quoting Earl A Ramirez <earlaramirez at gmail.com>:

> Hello Robert,
>
> A few of us are experiencing a few issues with these laptop (I have the
> same exact model); it will be best to file a bug for this.
>
> Do you mind sharing what you have done to get it to this state, I have
> tried kernel 4.3.x from the testing repo and the laptop will not boot. I
> went ahead an try kernel 4.4.x (rawhide) and the laptop boot only once and
> after that I have only been getting a blank screen. I am currently using
> kernel 4.2.300 (obsolete soon) and have to append
> i915.preliminary_hw_support=1 to the kernel argument; however, the touch
> pad works.
>
> I have only file a bug for kernel 4.3 from the testing repo, but I hope to
> file all these bugs within a day or two.

   i can file a bug as well, or just "me, too" on yours. first, though, i
want to make sure i'm not overlooking something trivially easy for this
laptop to see the M.2 512G SSD drive i added.

   so, again, anyone have some advice on how to get fedora 23 to see this
M.2-format SSD drive in my new ASUS laptop?

http://www.canadacomputers.com/product_info.php?cPath=179_1229_1296&item_id=073365

"dmesg" doesn't seem to see it, and neither does "lsblk" or "lshw".
any suggestions?

rday