firewalld and source/dest rules?

Richard Shaw hobbes1069 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 17 17:33:50 UTC 2016

I'm not sure if I completely understand what you're asking but as far as I
know (unless it's changed) firewalld can't handle source ports, only
destination ports.

I have a home build DVR where I use HDHomeRun network based tuners. For
them the source port is specified and the destination port it random
(coming back to the computer) and after some research found that they could
not be used with firewalld because of it so I had to switch back to
iptables with something like:

-A INPUT -m state --state NEW -m udp -p udp --sport 5002 -j ACCEPT
-A INPUT -m state --state NEW -m udp -p udp --sport 5004 -j ACCEPT
-A INPUT -m state --state NEW -m udp -p udp --sport 65001 -j ACCEPT

Thanks,
Richard