working my way through quirks with fedora 23 on new ASUS gaming laptop G752VL-DH71

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Mon Jan 18 00:09:36 UTC 2016

Allegedly, on or about 17 January 2016, Robert P. J. Day sent:
> by "firmware", do you mean BIOS? no, it doesn't. the BIOS sees both
> the primary (regular) hard drive, and the CD/DVD device. that's it.

Are the other drive ports enabled in the BIOS?  And are they set to
detect a drive?

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -rsvp

Boilerplate:  All mail to my mailbox is automatically deleted, there is
no point trying to privately email me, I only get to see the messages