Fedora 22 continuously rebooting (Solved)

Armelius Cameron armeliusc at gmail.com
Wed Jan 20 14:31:49 UTC 2016

Hello,

Well, I finally figured out the cause, thanks to Richard's first
suggestion in looking at journalctl output.

I was playing around with udev rules to try to automatically mount an
external drive (it didn't really work yet). Apparently having this
extra rule in /etc/udev/rules.d causes the system to continually
reboot, something to do with watchdog and udev I guess. These lines
were in the log:

Jan 19 13:19:12 daedalus kernel: watchdog watchdog1: watchdog did not stop!
Jan 19 13:19:12 daedalus kernel: watchdog watchdog1: watchdog did not stop!
Jan 19 13:19:12 daedalus systemd-udevd[512]: Error calling
EVIOCSKEYCODE on device node '/dev/input/event16' (scan code 0x150,
key code 190): Invalid argument

Somehow I missed the udev error before, but simply removing the extra
rule fix the infinite reboot issue.

It is still surprising to me that such an innocent mistake causes that
kind of catastrophic results.

Thanks again for all the response. They prompted me to look into this
direction which solved the issue eventually.

Best,
AC