Mate-bluetooth SRPM?

Fred Smith fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us
Wed Jan 20 20:50:52 UTC 2016

On Wed, Jan 20, 2016 at 07:49:35PM +0000, James Hogarth wrote:
>    On 20 Jan 2016 19:21, "Fred Smith" <[1]fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us>
>    wrote:
>    >
>    > Hi!
>    >
>    > I'm looking for a SRPM for mate-bluetooth. I'm told Fedora packages
>    > it, but so far I've not been able to find it despite my mythical
>    > google-fu :).
>    >
>    > Can anyone point  me to a location of it?
>    >

>    Looks like it was retired at F20 but the reason was unclear.
>
>    [2]http://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/cgit/rpms/mate-bluetooth.git/commit/
>
>    You may be able to build the last SRPM for it...
>
>    [3]https://archives.fedoraproject.org/pub/archive/fedora/linux/releases
>    /19/Everything/source/SRPMS/m/mate-bluetooth-1.6.0-1.fc19.src.rpm
>
>    You could ask the previous co-maintainers why it was retired as they
>    may know
>
>    [4]https://admin.fedoraproject.org/pkgdb/package/rpms/mate-bluetooth/

thanks for the URL. I had found some of those pages already but had
somehow not found the actual srpm.

I was hoping to build it for Centos-7, for use with epel's Mate packages
which are up to 1.12. however, the build wants mate-file-manager-sendto-devel
which doesn't seem to exist anymore (or at least not in the epel repo).

not being a great system hacker it seems I'm out of luck on this one.

a gui for bluetooth seems a (modest) gaping hole, seeing as how the
commandline tools aren't particularly great, but I guess I'll survive.

thanks for your efforts.

Fred

> References
>
>    1. mailto:fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us