mp3 rhythmbox

Derrik Walker v2.0 dwalker at doomd.net
Thu Jan 21 02:04:49 UTC 2016

On 01/20/2016 04:01 PM, Karagkiaouris diamantis wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am not able to play mp3 file on Rhythmbox with Fedora 23 XFCE. I
> have installed all drpm from RPM Fusion but for some reason i cannot
> play mp3 with rhythmbox. The do not show up also in Musik library
> under Rhythmbox, even if i enable the automatically import from settings.
>
> Thank you!
> Diamantis

To get Rythmbox to work, I installed ( from RPM-Fusion mostly )
gstreamer, all the codec packages, ffmpeg, ffmpeg-libs ...

All needed, but there is a secret one that is easy to miss and not
marked as a pre-req...

gstreamer-ffmpeg

After that, kill it and restart it, and it should play mp3 files just fine.

With those, you'll likely get 100's of other packages that are required.

--
-- Derrik

Derrik Walker v2.0, RHCE
dwalker at doomd.net

"Those UNIX guys, they think weird!" -- John C. Dvorak