Monitor / graphics card recommendation

Mark mark2015 at openmailbox.org
Thu Jan 21 20:02:04 UTC 2016

One of my new year's resolutions is to upgrade the monitor on my Fedora
23 Desktop.

I've been looking at a 34" curved 3440 x 1440 monitor. But first I want
to make sure it actually makes sense to get such a large monitor for
Linux and that there's a graphics card on the market that works well
with Fedora and that can drive such a large monitor. I would prefer an
open source driver, but I'm prepared to install a blob if I have to.
I'm not interested in gaming so that's not an issue, it's the real
estate I'm after.

Any thoughts/recommendations?