skype

Rick Stevens ricks at alldigital.com
Fri Jan 22 18:12:46 UTC 2016

On 01/22/2016 09:51 AM, jd1008 wrote:

> On 01/22/2016 10:41 AM, Rick Stevens wrote:
>> On 01/22/2016 09:23 AM, Bob Marcan wrote:

>>> No source code, but they at least provide 64 bit code.
>>
>> Source is at
>>
>>     https://github.com/irungentoo/toxcore
>>
>> There is a requirement for libsodium and they _may_ use a later version
>> than what's in the repos. I haven't tried building it yet so I don't
>> know.
>
> I think it will be a while before this package comes
> of age, stabilizes and ready for prime time.

I agree. I have just built it on an F22 system.

I had all of the dependencies (libopus, libvpx, etc.) already
installed. I did install libsodium-devel from the normal Fedora repos,
went into the unpacked tox directory and did a

	autoreconf -i
	./configure --enable-ntox
	make
	sudo make install

and it built and installed in /usr/local. I did

	/usr/local/bin/nTox -h

and got the help screen. I've done nothing beyond that.

I just wanted to demonstrate that the source IS there (despite what
Dario said) and that you can build it on newer Fedora platforms. As is
typical of these sorts of projects, the developers seem to prefer
Debian-derived systems for development, but Fedora does work just fine
and the notes in the "INSTALL.md" file in their GIT repo relating to
Fedora compilation are accurate.
-      Batteries not included.  Offer not valid in some states.      -
-           Your mileage may vary.  Void where prohibited.           -