screen/remote apps

Rick Stevens ricks at alldigital.com
Fri Jan 22 20:48:48 UTC 2016

On 01/22/2016 12:00 PM, bruce wrote:
> Thanks Rick,
>
> Thats exactly what I was trying to get to.
>
> The goal, I want to have a local process that iterates through a list
> of long running apps.
>
> I want to then spin up a remote instance/screen session on something
> like DigitalOcean/DO where I fire up the app, running it on the remote
> instance.
>
> The Screen, should then provide a long running process, with the
> ability to ssh in, or have a separate app check on the
> realtime/ongoing status of the running apps..
>
> As the process grows, I envision having a few hundred of these apps
> running/testing...
>
> So, thanks!

Glad to help. I use that sort of thing in rc.local scripts as well to
launch boot-type tasks in screen sessions. Very handy.

By the way, Bruce, we prefer bottom-posting on this list if you can do
so (I think Markus already admonished you about that). It makes
following the thoughts in the thread a lot easier.