how to create rescue disk fedora 23

Michael D. Setzer II mikes at kuentos.guam.net
Sat Jan 23 23:43:31 UTC 2016

On 23 Jan 2016 at 11:56, Jack Craig wrote:

Date sent:	Sat, 23 Jan 2016 11:56:46 -0800
Subject:	how to create rescue disk fedora 23
From:	Jack Craig <jack.craig.aptos at gmail.com>
To:	Community support for Fedora users <users at lists.fedoraproject.org>
Send reply to:	Community support for Fedora users <users at lists.fedoraproject.org>

> hi all,
>
> after a recent, unfortunate upgrade to F23, i resolve to
> have a rescue disk ready for next time i end in grub.
>
> however, i am not finding any how to create bookable recovery disk doc?
>
> ptrs anyone?
>
> tia, jackc...

There are a number of disks including the livecd or live usb disks, and there
are some other emails already. Another option is to do a disk and/or partition
images, so you can do a complete restore of everything. I've been the
maintainer of g4l since about 2004, but there are other programs like g4u
and clonezilla as well. G4L can be added as part of the grub menu. It can
also be booted from cd or usb.

Making images on a separate disk or partitions, and restoration is fast. Uses
dd and compress to make images smaller, and with usb 3 flash or hard disk
images are fast. Clearing unused sectors before making image will greatly
reduce size since dd copies all data. Project is on sourceforge and is free.

Generally, do monthly full images with other files backup with other options.

  Guam Community College  Computer Center
  mailto:mikes at kuentos.guam.net
  mailto:msetzerii at gmail.com
  http://www.guam.net/home/mikes
  Guam - Where America's Day Begins
  G4L Disk Imaging Project maintainer
  http://sourceforge.net/projects/g4l/

Number of Seti Units Returned:  19,471
(Total Hours: 287,489)

BOINC at HOME CREDITS
ROSETTA     39482064.146315   |   SETI        73062124.380457
ABC         16613838.513356   |   EINSTEIN    85587754.270695