selinux??

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Sun Jan 24 13:57:16 UTC 2016

On Sat, 2016-01-23 at 10:52 -0500, bruce wrote:
> So, if I create an instance, spin it up, fire off my tests on the
> instance, run everything for a few hours, and then shut it off, would
> that be "reasonably safe/secure"?

I am always amazed that people think shutting off a security
something-or-other for some-amount-of-time can be considered safe.

It takes virtually the blink of an eye to get compromised.

If you need to turn off a security feature to do something, then there's
something wrong with that /thing/ that required it.  It could simply be
crap programming, or it could be malicious.  And even crap programming
can be destructive outside of its own files.

--
tim at localhost ~]$ uname -rsvp

Linux 3.19.8-100.fc20.i686 #1 SMP Tue May 12 17:42:35 UTC 2015 i686

All mail to my mailbox is automatically deleted, there is no point trying
to privately email me, I will only read messages posted to the public lists.