texlive

Ranjan Maitra maitra.mbox.ignored at inbox.com
Mon Jan 25 01:10:03 UTC 2016

On Sun, 24 Jan 2016 22:23:47 -0200 Bernardo Sulzbach <mafagafogigante at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Jan 24, 2016 at 10:17 PM, Patrick O'Callaghan
> <pocallaghan at gmail.com> wrote:
> > since probably 99% of researchers in those fields write their papers in TeX or its cousin LaTeX.
>
> Not only this kind of message annoys statistically inclined
> individuals, it is wrong by, let me say it, an order of magnitude.
>
> I don't know how many research papers you have read, but the amount of
> crappy MS Word today is real and (educated guess warning) growing.

FWIW, I think that if you read Patrick's complete statement, he is not terribly inaccurate: he cites Math, Physics, CS -- to that I would add statistics and computational methods/OR. If you look at some of the professional societies (eg IEEE, ACM, ASA, AMA, etc) that submit style files, you will note that TeX overwhelms everything else.

Ranjan